FreeUndelete restores deleted files, including those removed from
Windows Recycle Bin. In case of accidental removal of files on a NTFS
(1.0 and 2.0) (default for Windows Vista, XP, 2000 and NT), FAT32, FAT16
or FAT12 file systems this is the utility to help.
Supported file systems:
NTFS 1.0, NTFS 2.0, FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
The recovered files are saved into a new user-selected location to prevent overwriting the deleted files on the original media.
Free For Personal Use!
It is our pleasure to emphasize that FreeUndelete is free for personal use.
There is no charge, direct or hidden, to download and use a fully
functional copy of the program. The program does not install any spyware
or adware along with it. It does not populate user's desktop with
pop-up ads or forcefully subscribe user to mailing lists.
Please note that purchase is mandatory for use in business
environment. Registered business users get guaranteed customer support
service. For private users customer support is not guaranteed and
depends on support staff workload.
A deleted file is essentially an area on disk designated as free and
ready to accept data (such as contents of some other file). Luckily,
unless the area has already been overwritten, it still holds the
contents of the deleted file. Due to this fact it is possible to
This fact also dictates the following procedure for using FreeUndelete:
- Stop any activity on the disk you are going to undelete files from!
Remember that writing to that disk can damage the contents of the
deleted files. Examples of disastrous activity include: copying files to
the disk, installing programs there or running programs that use the
disk as their swap media.
- Download and install FreeUndelete. Whenever possible, save the
setup executable and install the program to a disk that does not hold
files you need to undelete.
- Run and use FreeUndelete.
Tip: It is common that the only drive user has is C: and this
is also the drive from where files need to be undeleted. In that case a
good solution is using a USB flash drive as FreeUndelete download and
- File systems supported: NTFS 1.0, NTFS 2.0, FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
- Operating systems supported: Windows XP, 2000, NT 4 (SP2 or higher required), Windows 2003 Server
- Easy to use, no special user skills required
- Full install/uninstall support
- Does not support Windows 98, Windows 98SE and Windows ME
- Operating system: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 2003 Server or 2008 Server
- RAM: 256-1024 MB
- Hard Disk: minimum 10 MB of free space required for installation
- Display: 640 x 480 or higher resolution, 256 colors